2020 3M-ACRS Diamond Road Safety Award – Recognising our exemplary organisations, groups and projects!
2020 3M-ACRS Diamond Road Safety Award nominations open 1st July, 2020.
Winners to be announced at National Road Safety Week
Sydney, 15 November 2020
The 3M-ACRS Diamond Road Safety Award calls for any road safety practitioner from the public or private sector to submit highly innovative, cost-effective road safety initiatives/programmes which they have recently developed that stand out from the standard, everyday practice and deliver significant improvements in road safety for the community.
2019 3M-ACRS Diamond Road Safety Award winner Mr Peter Kolesnik, who led a team of five on a project titled ‘Hold the red: Radar-based intersection collision avoidance system’. Mr Kolesnik is pictured with Mr Andrew King, Group Business Manager for 3M Transportation Safety Division and 3M Commercial Solutions Division, Australia and New Zealand (Centre) and Mr Martin Small, ACRS President (Right)
The 2020 Presentation
The Supreme Winner or Team Leader will be presented with their award in front of an anticipated audience of over 500 road safety professionals at the opening of National Road Safety Week in Sydney, 15 November 2020.
The winner will RECEIVE a trip to the USA to attend the 51st ATSSA Annual Convention & Traffic Expo in 2021, and will also visit 3M Global Headquarters in Minnesota. The winner will also present their winning entry and USA trip at the next Australasian Road Safety Conference, and may also be eligible to present at the ATSSA Convention.
Conditions of Entry
- Information on ‘how to enter’ and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is open only to Australian and New Zealand residents. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible.
- To enter, applicants must complete the official online entry form.
- All entries must be received in full by 5pm (AEST) on the advertised closing date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any claimant for submitting an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- Winners will be notified by phone or mail.
- This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged on creative merit and originality. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Judging takes place at the Australasian College of Road Safety, Building 1, Pearce Community Centre, Collett Place, Pearce, ACT, 2607
- The Team Leader of the winning entry will receive a trip to the USA to attend the ATSSA Annual Convention & Traffic Expo and visit 3M Global Headquarters in Minnesota. This individual will also have the opportunity to present on their winning entry and USA trip at the following ACRS Road Safety Conference.
- The prize includes a return economy flight from an Australian or New Zealand port to the ATSSA Conference and then to St Paul Minnesota, and return. Any additional charges incurred for any deviation from this itinerary will be borne by the winning entrant.
- All entrants must ensure that entry for this Award is in accordance with company or any applicable government policy.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The College and/or 3M reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury that is sustained in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The entrant consents to the Promoter disclosing their submission to 3M Australia Pty Limited and any part of that entry or supporting materials supplied with entries may be used for future promotional purposes of the award
If you need further information or have any queries, please contact ACRS Chief Executive Officer, Claire Howe, on (02) 6290 2509 or email@example.com.
Find more information on the ACRS Website